2017 Member Challenge
Reveal: at the November 20th meeting
Each year Canyon presents its members with a challenge to create a quilt or related project to be displayed and sold at the November meeting. For several years, our challenge quilts have been displayed at Visions Art Museum for their visitors to have a chance to view them, and purchase any that have not already sold.
At the June meeting, co-chairs Andrea Bacal and Karen Crossland revealed the theme and the details of this year’s challenge. To inspire our members and fit with the very organic works that will be in the museum’s galleries, they have chosen the theme Organic By Design.
Canyon members can interpret the title in their own personal way, or use the starting off point of any of Andrea and Karen’s suggestions: Organic Farming, Organic Foods, Organic Chemistry, The Organic Movement, Organic Shapes or Lines, Organic Cotton, Organic Growth or Organic Gardens.
Many creative members signed up already, but the guild is looking for many more. It is a major fund raiser, so please think about how you, too, can participate.
1. Quilts must be 14 x 14 and must have a sleeve attached to the back for hanging. There also must be a label on the back with your name, date, and any other information you would like the buyer to know.
2. You must be a Canyon Member to enter.
3. Cost is $5 per quilt to enter – you may enter more than 1 piece.
4. Deadline for entry is Monday, November 20th at 12 noon. There are 2 ways of turning quilts.
★ Bring them to a canyon meeting and give to challenge committee (Andrea Bacal or Karen Crossland) before the November meeting.
★ Or drop them off to Michalee Sloan at Pink Daisy Studio by noon at the latest on November 20th. Make sure to call Michalee first to make sure she is at the studio. (see Member Directory)
5. This is a fund raiser. All quilts are donated to Canyon Quilters, and Canyon keeps the total sale price if sold at the November Canyon meeting.
6. All quilts must be available to hang at Visions Art Museum from January 20 through April 8, 2018.
7. Proceeds from quilts sold at Visions will be split between Visions and Canyon.
8. Quilts that do not sell at either venue will be returned to artist at Canyon’s April meeting.
9. When signing up, please know you are authorizing the possible use of photo(s) of your quilt for marketing or promotional purposes of either Canyon or Visions.
10. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org